Skip to main content

If I were to go back to those days

If I were to go back to those days 
When I woke up to fresh pollution free air .... would I remind myself that this air will not be there later

If I were to go back to those days
When there were tall trees full of healthy green leaves, to climb on.... would I tell the monkey in me bye

If I were to go back to those days
When my barefoot slushed on mud and rainwater.... would I tell my shoes- you'll have a lot of work to do from now on

If I were to go back to those days
When I was surrounded by mountains in all directions.... would I tell my solitude self, enjoy these moments for I know it would be impossible to feel this way again

If I were to go back to those days
When I could recognise my dad's bike approaching amidst a few bird calls.... would I ask myself if I can find his bike sound amidst 1000 other bikes

If I were to go back to those days
When I savoured the mangoes and wood apples, I plucked from trees .......would I remind myself these are the last fruits you plucked from trees

If I were to go back to those days
When I looked up to see the vast expanse of clear blue sky ........would I tell myself just wait for these blank spaces to be filled with skyscrapers

If I were to go back to those days
When I didn't always hear horns and acceleration noises 
When I didn't wait for the city to lower its constant buzz
When I didn't need to go to the highest floor even to see the sunrise

If I were to go back to those days......

I hope time got stuck 
- Bharathi Senthilkumar 
A home in paradise



What are the small things you would relish If you were to go back to those days?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sathuragiri experience

  Sathuragiri is a pilgrimage site located in the district of Virudhunagar in Tamilnadu. The hills are actually a part of the Western Ghats. The name is in Tamil, as 'chaturam' means square and 'giri' means mountain. Many people say the the hill is square-shaped, so that's where the name originates from. I saw that the temple built around the 2 'suyambu' lingam or the two idols that are not installed by any person but they exist on their own is in the middle of 4 different hills.  Our group consisted of 4 girls and their fathers and four other uncles. Everyone was a school friend except my father, our group’s leader and another uncle. Everyone is such an amazing person. We had great fun throughout the entire journey. They all taught me so much by talking about their life experiences and many other incidents that changed their lives. We began our trek from a madam at the foot of the hills in SriVilliputhur. Filled with adventurous paths, I had great fun a...

IDK 😶

 Maybe if I’d been prettier. Maybe if I’d been smarter. Maybe if I’d been more mature, never showing that raw, childish side. Maybe if I’d asked for less than time — or maybe if I’d never asked at all. Maybe if I’d been of more value. Maybe if I’d had more friends. Maybe if I’d been less of a mother and more of just an unconcerned lover. Maybe if I’d never questioned your actions, and known you would leave if I ever did. Maybe if I never asked about your chats with other people online, about the girls who were “just friends” touching you. Maybe if I’d died earlier, or maybe if I was never born. Maybe if I never had to lie to my parents and sister. Maybe if I never happened. Maybe if I didn’t hold on to everything that’s gone. Maybe if I never expressed who I really am. Maybe if I never had expectations of love. Maybe if I gave my body earlier. Maybe if I trusted my instincts, instead of silencing them. Maybe if I gave myself less time, like I had any. I know I’m nev...

An unfinished carving

 Everyone was posting about the importance of books, and that the hobby should be kept alive with the current generation. But reading books has been my hobby since I learnt to read. So, I thought of updating my thoughts on the topic. A door into imagination, books are the key to convert all your clumsy, jumbled thoughts into clear pictures. Books can change your attitude towards life by giving you a new perspective! It helps you slip into a world without too many problems, a flawless place where characters are actually characters, meaning they don't influence your life fully but partially! Learning about different cultures and looking into the daily lives of different people, has an enormous effect on your behaviour. Just that it helps you to learn from the mistakes made in history, whether it led to success or disasters you'll learn from it.  There is a wide range of books from fiction to biography, literally on every topic we are interested in. I feel people should just read...