Skip to main content

The school's 50th birthday

Happy birthday to the school. I was privileged to have attended the celebration today. Many of the alumuni had shared their memories and what the school means to them, so thought of adding my contributions as well. I vivdly remember my interview for admission at the school. The moment I was with all the other students i decided that from that moment I'm going to change my life. There was Bina akka and Vaishnavi akka. They had asked us to draw a school we were to begin. Like if we were to start a school how would it look what would it have ect ...
I was wasn't able to draw ..as I couldn't express myself through drawing much. So I went up to akka and gave her a blank paper, and asked her if I could write instead of drawing as I felt I can't express myself through drawing much. She urged me to draw but i insisted so she gave in to writing. After a while all the others had done their drawings...all so magnificent and I gave my paper with writings here and there. Akka asked me a few questions and then said I could go. And I was on waiting list and got in the next year, as school admits on vacancy basis for classes other than 11th, 5th and 1st I think. 
I studied at school only for 3 years from 6th to 8th grade, but I assure it was those three year that changed my perspective of life. The school gave me self-confidence, the maturity to accept myself and take responsibility on my decisions, my best friends and my fav teachers. 
Now out in this competitive world , I see the meaning behind the value they rooted in us from respect ,the helping tendency to giving us the space to think and voice our opinions. 
Circle times, games and singing togather are the things I loved he most about school, and the class teachers period when we were allowed to play. During classes I would mainly be at two places, games ground or the library! Assemblies were a huge part of learning new things. We all did the Buddha play when we were leaving the old campus, that was one of a kind of production. Otherwise the other class plays for English and Hindi, I feel the main objective was to put yourself out of that comfort space and find your abilities. Not to miss the weaving classes the field trips,the night stay at the old campus, nature walks and Jayshree akka's English classes. The amounts of memories I hold are uncountable owing to the person I've become. The unique assignments, the freedom with discipline and the speech with respect, I'm grateful to The school for being instumental in finding myself.
- Bharathi Senthilkumar 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sathuragiri experience

  Sathuragiri is a pilgrimage site located in the district of Virudhunagar in Tamilnadu. The hills are actually a part of the Western Ghats. The name is in Tamil, as 'chaturam' means square and 'giri' means mountain. Many people say the the hill is square-shaped, so that's where the name originates from. I saw that the temple built around the 2 'suyambu' lingam or the two idols that are not installed by any person but they exist on their own is in the middle of 4 different hills.  Our group consisted of 4 girls and their fathers and four other uncles. Everyone was a school friend except my father, our group’s leader and another uncle. Everyone is such an amazing person. We had great fun throughout the entire journey. They all taught me so much by talking about their life experiences and many other incidents that changed their lives. We began our trek from a madam at the foot of the hills in SriVilliputhur. Filled with adventurous paths, I had great fun a...

An unfinished carving

 Everyone was posting about the importance of books, and that the hobby should be kept alive with the current generation. But reading books has been my hobby since I learnt to read. So, I thought of updating my thoughts on the topic. A door into imagination, books are the key to convert all your clumsy, jumbled thoughts into clear pictures. Books can change your attitude towards life by giving you a new perspective! It helps you slip into a world without too many problems, a flawless place where characters are actually characters, meaning they don't influence your life fully but partially! Learning about different cultures and looking into the daily lives of different people, has an enormous effect on your behaviour. Just that it helps you to learn from the mistakes made in history, whether it led to success or disasters you'll learn from it.  There is a wide range of books from fiction to biography, literally on every topic we are interested in. I feel people should just read...

IDK 😶

 Maybe if I’d been prettier. Maybe if I’d been smarter. Maybe if I’d been more mature, never showing that raw, childish side. Maybe if I’d asked for less than time — or maybe if I’d never asked at all. Maybe if I’d been of more value. Maybe if I’d had more friends. Maybe if I’d been less of a mother and more of just an unconcerned lover. Maybe if I’d never questioned your actions, and known you would leave if I ever did. Maybe if I never asked about your chats with other people online, about the girls who were “just friends” touching you. Maybe if I’d died earlier, or maybe if I was never born. Maybe if I never had to lie to my parents and sister. Maybe if I never happened. Maybe if I didn’t hold on to everything that’s gone. Maybe if I never expressed who I really am. Maybe if I never had expectations of love. Maybe if I gave my body earlier. Maybe if I trusted my instincts, instead of silencing them. Maybe if I gave myself less time, like I had any. I know I’m nev...