Skip to main content

a letter to a tree

One of my lost and found poems after a long time. Which was written when I was 11 years old. It is quite silly but also surprising to know trees have been the most interesting thing always. 

Dear tree, 
         How are you as strong as a wrestler
         As graceful as a beautiful dancer 
         How is your trunk as brown as the mud when it rains 
         As cracked as a crackle but never really cracks 
          How are your branches as thin as a paper 
          But just enough to hold a leaf 
          How is your leaf as veiny as a mat with those grassy things 
          As small as a store room but just enough to hold a kitchen within it 

So will you please tell me how can you be so many things. 
Perhaps that little bird on your branch might know each time it sings.

                             - Bharathi Senthilkumar 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sathuragiri experience

  Sathuragiri is a pilgrimage site located in the district of Virudhunagar in Tamilnadu. The hills are actually a part of the Western Ghats. The name is in Tamil, as 'chaturam' means square and 'giri' means mountain. Many people say the the hill is square-shaped, so that's where the name originates from. I saw that the temple built around the 2 'suyambu' lingam or the two idols that are not installed by any person but they exist on their own is in the middle of 4 different hills.  Our group consisted of 4 girls and their fathers and four other uncles. Everyone was a school friend except my father, our group’s leader and another uncle. Everyone is such an amazing person. We had great fun throughout the entire journey. They all taught me so much by talking about their life experiences and many other incidents that changed their lives. We began our trek from a madam at the foot of the hills in SriVilliputhur. Filled with adventurous paths, I had great fun a...

An unfinished carving

 Everyone was posting about the importance of books, and that the hobby should be kept alive with the current generation. But reading books has been my hobby since I learnt to read. So, I thought of updating my thoughts on the topic. A door into imagination, books are the key to convert all your clumsy, jumbled thoughts into clear pictures. Books can change your attitude towards life by giving you a new perspective! It helps you slip into a world without too many problems, a flawless place where characters are actually characters, meaning they don't influence your life fully but partially! Learning about different cultures and looking into the daily lives of different people, has an enormous effect on your behaviour. Just that it helps you to learn from the mistakes made in history, whether it led to success or disasters you'll learn from it.  There is a wide range of books from fiction to biography, literally on every topic we are interested in. I feel people should just read...

GUILT

Guilty is the mind that has not accepted what your heart has. Guilty is that mind which looks over a 1000 possibilities knowing that the first one has already happened, Guilty is the mind for dreaming of the perfect world all alone Each time I pick up those dirty plates I see the leftovers  the guilt fills me as  I remember the boy begging by the hotel The young girl whose cloths hung over her fragile skeleton The baby on her back crying in hunger. Each time I see the garbage hills and land fills I'm engulfed in guilt The guilt of ignoring that sight and not doing anything about it The guilt of ignoring in spite of the knowledge that its going to affect my planet , my generation Each time I see water leaking out off an unfixed tap  I'm immersed in guilt as I can feel the scorching sun burning my skin I can imagine what would be left of the ozone if we continue global warming at this rate Each time I come across an article on a religious conflict    I'm fill...